Overhead Crane Loading and Unloading
PPE must be worn in this area!
Reverse wagon into works - Banksman controlled
- Check load / bundle can be lifted safely without affecting stability of other items on wagon
- Do not get onto back of wagon. Only wagon driver is allowed on back of truck to attach slings / chains
- Check steelwork can be lifted off with the capacity of crane and slinging equipment - and specifically without driver intervention on the back of the truck
- Ensure load is clear of driver prior to lifting
- If load snags - STOP . Lower the steelwork and re-examine load. Reposition load. Ensure driver is clear of working area.
- After unloading - ensure remaining load is stable and to the drivers satisfaction.
- Make clear to driver the number of bundles / items
- Load the truck bed as directed by the driver
- Ensure at all times that the driver is clear of the load as it is being loaded onto the truck
- Ensure that the load is stable after loading and will allow safe unloading by others
- Check that all items are loaded and that the driver has signed for all items