Frequently Asked Questions
The below are a selection of the most common questions we receive on a regular basis:-
- How are the tie rods adjusted?
Tie rods are supplied with left/right hand threads and by rotating the bar it will lengthen or shorten the tie bar.
- How much adjustment is available?
Our standard adjustments are +/-15mm with tie bars with forks only and +/- 50mm when used with turnbuckles.
- What finishes are available?
We offer as standard for our carbon steel range:-
- self colour
- shotblast and primed/painted
- galvanised and painted duplex systems
and for our stainless steel range we offer:-
- satin polished,
- bright/mirror polished.
Other finishes are available on request, please contact us with your requirement.
- Do you supply products for smaller DIY/at home users?
Yes we do, we are happy to quote on small projects.
- Can I download your brochure?
Yes it can be downloaded on our downloads page or by clicking here
- Do you provide on-site jacking/stressing equipment?
Yes Daver Steels are able to provide jacking/stressing equipment please contact us for more information.
- Are your products CE marked?
Yes we are CE marked to execution class 4 (EXC4) which mean we are able to supply load bearing elements for fatigue loaded structures and we are independently auditied.
- Do you have an European Technical Assessment (ETA)?
No, Daver steels feels the scope of an ETA does not cover many of our applications, for instance ETAs generally only allow use for predominantly static loads and do not cover situations where the product will undergo any fatigue/dynamic loading which would exclude us from CE marking any products that would be used on bridges or using bespoke engineering solutions for example. For more information please see our technical document here or contact us for more information.