- Main Contractor
- Skanska BAM JV
- Structural Engineer
- AECOM Mott MacDonald JV
- United Kingdom
This £85m Ordsall Chord bridge in Salford, Manchester forms a key part of the British Government's £13bn investment in transport for the North. The Ordsall Chord will link both Manchester Victoria and Piccadilly stations for the first time and provide improved links within the city and the North of England.
Daver Steels have worked closely with Skanska BAM on the supply of this unique bridge, which is the first asymmetric network arch rail bridge in the world.
We supplied 92 custom M100 galvanised tension members with remote reading load monitoring pins and tensioning equipment.
- fully traceable EU origin material, higher specification than our stock 520 bar
- all EU origin fork castings with 100% X-Ray, NDT and sacrifical forks tested
- 100% MPI testing of M100 threads
- all forks are supplied with spherical bearings to accomodate misalignments
- custom jacking turnbuckles with extra adjustment
- design and partnership with Pfeifer Systems to supply remote monitoring load sensing pins
Image credit Matthew Nichol
Extra information available on the Network Rail website